[lit-ideas] Re: QPR v Chelsea/ Tessellated Pavement

  • From: Judith Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2011 10:51:43 +0000 (GMT)

I don't really know.  There's no particular reason why you should hear about
the Lib. Dem. part of the coalition, I'd say it's been subsumed.  There are
some good Lib. Dem. Lords, and they've been doing what they can to postpone the
effective abolition of the NHS.  My MP left her ministerial aide post over
student fees, but that was politically sensible: anti-war and anti-fees votes
were crucial to her election in 2005.  I assume Lib. Dem. ministers are still
saying coalition policies would have been even more dreadful if they hadn't
acted as a moderating influence... .

 "a tessellated
> pavement without cement."

naked self-interest stands in for cement; Lib Dem support's collapsed since the
election, the last thing they need is another one soon.

I feel I should have more to say about this.  I think I'm just too gloomy (NHS,
welfare/benefit cuts, economy flatlining...) to take much of an interest.

Here's a funny political clip instead!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNuUP8GX4AU

Judy Evans, Cardiff