[lit-ideas] Re: QPR v Chelsea/ Tessellated Pavement

  • From: Julie Krueger <juliereneb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Beth Aylard <hawk315@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2011 06:31:01 -0500

I didn't quite realize things were so bad where you are, Judy.  I've been
pretty ensconced in U.S. news lately and haven't kept up much with what's
happening overseas, except maybe for Greece.  I need to watch a little
broader news, I think.  American politics have been either wildly amusing
or deeply frightening, depending on your mood at the time.  And there's the
WSO I've been following pretty fanatically.

If the NHS goes under, what are the proposed alternatives?  Didn't realize
you all were having issues re. student fees, etc.,either.  I've kind of
been in my own American world for several months.

With the U.S. struggling so hard to find ways to provide health care and
lower student fees and alla dat (the Congress has been such a huge obstacle
-- the bills they won't even put to the floor for debate even), it is
disheartening to hear places like England with systems I have admired are
losing that ground.

Julie Krueger