[lit-ideas] Re: Purpose of the "Literature and Ideas" List with the Digest and Archive

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 14:56:54 -0500

Francis Kelly:

but on this "literature" website or
listserve it should likely include intelligent literate persons with
reasonable literary goals.

Hey, I resemble that remark. Haven't you been reading my poetry????? I'm a literary, damnit! And sometimes literate to boot. Here's a poem dedicated just to you to prove it.

IN PRAISE OF THE ARCHIVES
        -- dedicated to Francis Kelly

Sometimes my poems give people the hives,
but I don't care, I write for the archives.
A hundred years from now someone with twenty PhD's
will come across this poem and it'll make her sneeze,
especially when she sees
it was written by me what's got no degree,
not one with pedigree,
why, he was just a boy from a sump-pump college
basking in the joy of rump-hump knowledge.
There's no Sublime
in this slime,
this is a crime
against Literature,