[lit-ideas] Re: Purpose of the "Literature and Ideas" List with the Digest and Archive

  • From: wokshevs@xxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Frances Kelly <frances.kelly@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 16:55:31 -0230

I would think that anybody who distinguishes between competence and performance
should be heartily accepted and welcomed to our cafe. And this regardless of
the altitude of the commentary. Welcome Frances. We're really not sure what
we're about, but some people share some affinities and sensibilities with some
other people on the List. Some people share no affinities and sensibilities
with other members of the list. Only one person is Russian. I'll leave you to
deduce further information about the List - including why some people continue
communicative interaction with certain other people - from the traditional
Square of Opposition on your own. Cheers,

Walter C. Okshevsky
Memorial University

P.S. If you're receiving duplicates of this message, I don't believe I'm the
guilty party.