[lit-ideas] Re: Popper and the Third World

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 17:58:54 EDT

In a message dated 10/12/2004 2:18:58 PM Eastern Standard Time,
donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Running  out of space at the bottom of the letter he signed off with one
of those  little arrows pointing up to the side of the page - there he
scribbled  (from my recollection) "All the best, yours KR Popper (I was also a
leftist  once)".

---- That was  a delightful anecdote. Thanks for sharing, Donal.

Incidentally, it touches on Grice's idea of personal identity. If it's  one's
ideals that define a selfhood or personhood, Sir Karl (or "KR") must have
_still_ been a bit of a leftist when he wrote that (metaphorically speaking
--):
 I mean to say, it was the same Popper's "I".

Cheers,

JL