[lit-ideas] Re: Pond Hockey

  • From: wokshevs@xxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 18:11:45 -0330

Quoting David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> On Feb 1, 2007, at 10:38 AM, wokshevs@xxxxxx wrote:
>

> > Alas, the only hockey or tennis I play is on a table. (Should that be
> > AT a
> > table?) I've seen enough ice to last me a lifetime.
> >
> > Walter O
> > Mark V Forever
> >

> Plan B (or maybe V) would be to gather up some curling stones and bowl
> the opposition over.
>
> David Ritchie
> way short of Mark Twain in
> Portland, Oregon

Hey, now you're talking turkey! I was third on the Outremont High School curling
team. We were coached by none other than Ron Duguid (sp?). In 1971, Outremont
High was runner-up in the Quebec Provincial Bonspiel. We celebrated by the fire
at the Club with some hot chocolate, Laurier Bar-B-Q and donuts. Well, I was
only 17 at the time! I only stayed because Carmen was there. (Don't ask.)

Walter O.
Outremont High
Montreal, PQ

P.S. "Mark V" is a rubber/sponge. (Costs an arm and a leg.) In combination with
the right blade, you can take on anybody .. even the Chinese and the Swedes.