[lit-ideas] Fwd: Fwd: Re: Quick question!

  • From: wokshevs@xxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 18:01:26 -0330

Julie Krueger:

"newfie"?

Phil: A term of endearment for our fellow canucks from Newfoundland.

W: I definitely am Canadian ("Canuck") but I'm originally from la belle ville de
Monreyal, presently residing in NewfoundLAND (note the phonetics). "Newfie" as
in "Newfie joke" is typically a term of derision and mockery. But in the
context of sincerity (which is a validity claim, we all remember),embedding
Phil's remark, it is ethically permissible.

Brimming with sincerity,

Phil Enns
Glen Haven, NS

p.s. We haven't had any snow at all, just gorgeous sunshine.

W: Geography possesses no sense of justice.

p.p.s. Does a Volvo always start if you can't find it in the snow?

W: Yes. My remote ignition device (which I use in the early morning hours while
still in my house-robe and sipping my first cup of Viennese roast) assures me
my Volvo is somewhere in my driveway. Were I to doubt that, what would
"doubting" mean?

Walter O.
In Certainty,
on the Rock of the Avalon