[lit-ideas] Re: Piggy-eyed wonder

  • From: JulieReneB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 23:36:16 EDT

I didn't even look at the name.  I never knew Mark Helprin as op-ed
commentator.  I only know him because of his wondrous gorgeous heart-stopping
"Winter's
Tale".  I learned later that he was a poli commentary type.  I keep wandering
through life hoping to bump into people who have read Winter's -- I think at
this point I know four -- myself, my husband (to whom I read it aloud), and
two on-line friends.  For a while I proselytized passionately on behalf of the
book, but it *looks* so long and forboding, I guess...  (maybe someone here
will have read this deluge of beauty?).
Julie Krueger