[lit-ideas] Re: Paying taxes for months on end [oops]

  • From: "Phil Enns" <phil.enns@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 17:45:58 -0400

Robert Paul asked what I meant when I referred to the language of goods.
It goes something like this:

"Let us return to the good which we are seeking and inquire what it
might be.  It appears to be different actions or arts; for in medical
art it is different from that in strategy and similarly from that in any
of the rest of the arts.  What then is the good in each?  Is it not that
for the sake of which the rest are done?  This is health in the medical
art, victory in strategy, a house in architecture, something else in
another art, and in every action or intention it is the end; for it is
for the sake of this that the rest are done by all men." Etc, etc.

Robert knows this stuff far better than I.

Sincerely,

Phil Enns
Toronto, ON