[lit-ideas] Re: Paris Hilton carrot?

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 05:12:48 EDT

My husband and I are trying to find just the right vegetable in the frig to
put on Ebay.   Wondering what a Bell Pepper looks like to some  folks...

(Wanna 'splain "clapped -out"?)

Julie Krueger
getting out my little black book of vernacular

========Original Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: Paris Hilton
carrot?  Date: 10/24/2006 11:17:04 P.M. Central Standard Time  From:
_ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   To:
_lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Nothing, of course, could come close in cultural  significance to such a
carrot.  But I think it's worth mentioning,  before I depart for the
auld sod, that I turned on the close captioning  while watching the end
of "Gilmore Girls"--my daughters' favorite show--and  found that someone
was typing gibberish.  I hear well enough, but I  think it was public
radio that reported this week the number of exemptions  granted by the
Bush administration from the federal mandate to provide  captioning.
Apparently once exemptions are granted, gibberish is  riding like a
clapped-out Ferrari behind.

David Ritchie,
Portland,  Oregon