[lit-ideas] Re: One step closer to Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

  • From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 09:55:19 -0400

It would indeed be "pretty hype".  Unfortunately I have only the info  the
article disclosed ...not being an engineer... you might ask  ...um....Mike?
(Re. installing gas stations across the ocean not only  would it be
a VERY bad idea, but I think undoable?

I suppose that all depends on what you consider a 'gas station' to be. Absolutely doable if you just need a reservoir for gas and a few pumps. But, driving 3000 miles (that's just the small ocean) is a LONG slog, and at only 32.8 mph, sheesh, that's a LONG drive. They'd need hotels as well as gas stations. Hey, I have an idea, let's get a really big boat, outfit it with cabins and cruise THAT across the ocean at 32.8 mph.

Paul Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx
Kingsville, ON, Canada