[lit-ideas] Re: NPR/PBS

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 23:20:31 -0400

I looked at this quickly.  If I'm right, the funding required for this is
relative pennies:

"Currently, taxes from the general public for PBS equal $1.12 per person
per year, and the National Endowment for the Arts equals $.64 a year. A
January 1995 CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll indicated that 76% of Americans wish
to keep funding for PBS, third only to national defense and law enforcement
as the most valuable programs for federal funding."

This is what Bush and his friends do to save money.  Strange people.  Not
to mention that they don't care that 75% of the population supports
something, they'll get rid of it anyway.

Andy Amago