[lit-ideas] Re: NPR/PBS

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 08:07:10 EDT

I have to admit that my more current concern (considering that my Mother is
in terribly failing health, my Dad is 79, and that our business is based
largely  on outpatient respiratory therapy) is that Medicaid, in Missouri, is
apparently  cutting coverage of the provision of oxygen (concentrators,
portable
systems,  etc -- can't breath and don't have money?  you're screwed) and
hospice
 care.

I won't say what I think of Matt Blount.

Julie Krueger

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: NPR/PBS  Date:
6/21/05 12:59:50 P.M. Central Daylight Time  From: _robert.paul@xxxxxxxxx
(mailto:robert.paul@xxxxxxxx)   To: _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Paul Stone wrote:

>> You know that  email petition that keeps circulating about how Congress
>> is  slashing funding for NPR and PBS? Well, now it's actually true.
>>  (Really. Check at the bottom if you don't believe me.)

> What was it  before? Not-true?

Various appeals via e-mail ('pass it on') to save PBS,  the NEA, etc.,
began circulating in 1995. Until last week, they were all  well-meaning
hoaxes, so to speak. However, even if at the time, these rumors  were
baseless, 'Sometimes,' as Hume said, 'Chicken Little is  right.'

See http://www.snopes.com/politics/arts/nea.asp

Robert  Paul