[lit-ideas] Re: Movies without Guns

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lit-ideas" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 20:28:05 -0400

Okay, it's not Anne of Green Gables.   Violence-free means only violence
necessary  to the plot, without which the story would be contrived, white
washed.  Fictional violence, like Clockwork Orange, I avoid at all costs.
Cartoon-style violence that's supposed to be funny, like some of Mel
Gibson's earlier stuff, can be entertaining.  I think that's what Urusla
and John are referring to.  I admit, though, as a rule I don't watch nature
shows because lions eat zebras.  I want going to rent March of the Penguins
but now I'll pass on it.

Andy Amago