[lit-ideas] Moot away...

  • From: Ursula Stange <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 08:20:43 -0500

A student has asked for my help in naming her team going into the Osgoode Cup National Undergraduate Mooting Competition. You guys are so good at that kind of thing. The school's name is Nipissing University.
Our sports teams are the Lakers (Nipissing is a big lake) and the Nipissing Knights. The students are possibly thinking of something with a classical or foreign language relation to justice or the law. Themis just isn't very catchy. Dike might be worse. Mithra rode the skies looking for people who didn't keep their word, but I don't see anything promising there either. Legal beagles is surely taken. Court Jesters might be inappropriately cute.

So....