[lit-ideas] Re: Michael Moore at Cannes: Palme d'Or Best Film

  • From: Judy Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Robert Paul <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 23:34:04 +0100

Hello Robert

(says my new mailer!)

RP> I've been told often (in fact, I was told just last week) that the Milgram
RP> experiments could never be repeated in a university setting today,

and Zimbaldo, it's thought: Ethics committees would not pass them.

RP> I've been told that 'no college or university could even try to duplicate'
RP> Migram or Zimbaro today. So, it would be interesting to know who did the
RP> experiment for the BBC, and what it consisted in. I'd be grateful for any
leads
RP> here

The BBC did it -- not a university -- and showed it on TV. I believe it
followed Zimbaldo
closely.   The newspapers might be the best place to look -- I've just
wasted some time checking bbconline!

--
Best regards,

Judy <mail to: jaye@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>