[lit-ideas] Re: Allusions living free...

  • From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 17:18:13 -0400

They're everywhere.

In Eddie Murphy's mediocre movie "Coming to America" he plays a very rich
prince from some made-up country who comes to America to see what it's like
to be normal. At one point, he throws a wad of cash out the window and it
lands in an alley. Two old bums pick it up and ANYONE who has seen Eddie's
very famous movie "Trading Places" recognizes Ralph Bellamy and Don Ameche
as Randolph and Mortimer Duke -- two rich bastards who screwed him and then
got screwed in the first movie. Randy says  " Morty, we're back in
business" or something to that effect.  John Landis directed both movies.

I know, I know, what a lame allusion, but it's the first one that sprang to
mind. Give me some time and I'll think of a more literary one.

Paul

Paul Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx
Kingsville, ON, Canada