[lit-ideas] Re: Melbourne, Tristam Shandy and Custer at Gettysburg

  • From: "Simon Ward" <sedward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 21:26:58 -0000

Melbourne, Derbyshire:

Try:
http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=438500&y=325500&z=5&sv=438500,325500&st=4&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf&ax=438500&ay=325500

And if the link - which looks more than cumbersome - doesn't work out just head
to:

http://www.streetmap.co.uk

stick in Melbourne and see for yourself.

Streetmap has a range of map scales just to prove that British cartography is
up to scratch.

Alternatively, try local.live.com to see it in real life.

http://local.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&cp=52.826183~-1.427321&style=a&lvl=14&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000

Custer at Gettysburg: Preposterous!

Simon