[lit-ideas] Re: Marxi's influence in America

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 22:16:24 -0500

States' rights to do what?  This is like arguing that a kid has a right to
run away from home.  The real issue is, why in the world would a kid want
to run away from home?  Why would the southern states want to secede?  The
Missouri Compromise wasn't about transportation.  If the plantation owners
had willingly abolished slavery, who would have worked the plantations?

Union.