[lit-ideas] Re: Marxi's influence in America

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 21:36:06 -0500

The Civil War was about slavery, but because slavery was the economic
system of the South.  The South was an agricultural economy and slaves did
all the work.  Without slaves, how would the South function economically?
Who would grow and harvest the cotton and the tobacco?  The Civil War was
about states having the right to hold slaves.

Yahoo! Security Centre. http://uk.security.yahoo.com