[lit-ideas] Re: Kyphoplasty?

  • From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 19:58:48 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Not only is it known, it's old news.  Exact sites I can't supply at the mom=
ent.  It's all part of the mind-body connection.  What originates in the mi=
nd is manifested in the body.  Ulcers, for example (bacterial infections no=
twithstanding).  Skin disorders.  It's long known that stress causes flareu=
ps of just about everything.  Mind-body work goes back to at least the 80's=
 when it began to go mainstream.  This isn't to say that disorders aren't c=
aused by bacteria, poor nutrition (lack of Vitamin D is connected now to mu=
ltiple sclerosis for example), genetic predispositions and other causes, bu=
t a huge percentage of physical disorders originate in the mind.  Ailments =
as diverse as knee problems and Parkinson's Disease have responded to "ghos=
t surgery" where the patient is convinced surgery was performed when surger=
y in fact was not performed.  Relaxation techniques are proven to reduce ch=
ronic pain.  The University of Massachusetts Hospital has a whole departmen=
t on this.  Newsweek ran a cover story on it not too long ago.  Old news, a=
s I say, at least since the 80's.

Andy