[lit-ideas] Re: Joy and Satisfaction...

  • From: "David Wright" <wright@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 20:24:23 -0500

Little Ritchie wrote

"...rant concerning the proper ingredients, [for jam]..."

Pectin? Piffle.  While simmering, add the skins bound in cheesecloth...if
you're not busy making cheese -- whole milk amd rennet, vimegar if you're
really stuck.  Bit for the sake of all turophiles, let it age!  We don't
eat unripened fruit...much.

And further...

"The Auguries" as a band name is already taken... though I suspect, or
possibly hope, they might disband fairly soon.

I've yet to see an intriguing band name.  We're all pretty asinine when
striving for cool:  The Beetles, The Rolling Stones, or The
Pogues...sheesh.  That's the fundament of cool...and the reason they'll
be forgotten in another hundred years.  Can anyone sing me the biggest
hit from The Hawthorn Trio?

still posturing like a band leader,
d.

--