[lit-ideas] Re: It's Friday!

  • From: Mike Geary <jejunejesuit.geary2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 00:10:09 -0600

If you're referencing to Bob Dylan's "Nashville Skyline", please don't
refer to his music as "country music".  There's some country music that I
like, but not much and most of the Country Music artists I like are females
like Patsy Cline and Dolly Parton and June Carter Cash.  Patsy Cline is of
course the Queen Bee of  Country Music.  The Dixie Chicks are pretty good
as well.  Almost all male country artists put me off with their whiney
voices and their "O woe is me" lyrics.  Johnny Cash is an exception.  But
to include Bob Dylan in that crowd is a crime against divinity.

Mike Geary
who has stayed many a day too long in Memphis