[lit-ideas] Re: It is worth a story ...

  • From: John McCreery <john.mccreery@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 14:59:26 +0900

Some here might be interested in

*Incomplete Nature: How Mind Emerged from
Matter<http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0393049914?ie=UTF8&tag=thneyoreofbo-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=0393049914>
*
by Terrence W. Deacon

Deacon's theory for how consciousness emerges involves what he calls
"absentia," things that might be but are not yet, goals for self-sustaining
systems to achieve.

Cheers,

John

--