[lit-ideas] Re: Islamism and Islam

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 18:43:04 -0800

The entire article is much longer than the portions I quoted in a previous
note, but those who are interested can find it (as I noted in my previous
note) at http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=18230

The much abused and mistreated Hirsi Ali describes criticism she has
received for her feminist and liberal views.  Many in Holland are frightened
of Islamic backlash.  She needs bodyguards to protect her.  She is an
advocate of free speech, Human Rights, and Feminist Rights.  She is of
course cursed by the Islamic activists in Holland, but also by a variety of
people who ought to be more sympathetic to her views.  It is Hirsi Ali who
most poignantly describes the lack of difference between Islam an Islamism
that is rather inarticulately abused below.

Lawrence