[lit-ideas] Re: Islamism and Islam

  • From: Omar Kusturica <omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 02:03:49 -0800 (PST)

Lawrence,

If your (and Daniel Pipes') notion of a "moderate
Muslim" is someone who actively denigrates Muslim
faith, then I am not surprized that you are not
finding a lot of them.

O.K.

By saying I suspected the progressive site was cooked
up in Euorpe, I meant
by Muslims in Europe.   There are Muslims in Europe
and America that sound
Liberal or Moderate, but they don't dare behave like
that in Muslim
countries, and if they are too outrageous then a
contract is put out on them
as there was on Salmon Rushdie and on Hirsi Ali.  I
checked and I was wrong,
they were cooked up in the U.S & U.K. But I was right
in thinking they were
not cooked up in a Muslim country.

http://mail.yahoo.com