[lit-ideas] Re: Is there a Sanity Clause?

  • From: Robert Paul <rpaul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 19:54:53 -0700

My favorite Santa story was in the paper I used to work for.  Someone
wrote a memoir about the extraordinary efforts his father made to try
to convince him of the truth of the matter even, one year, throwing
dung of some sort on the roof, which everyone was then invited to
inspect.  "Look, reindeer dung!"

Child, poking a finger into the deposit and sniffing it: 'Reindeer dung? C'mon,
Dad, I know reindeer dung when I smell it. What is this stuff?'

Robert Paul,
ever skeptical