[lit-ideas] Re: I get 72... raisins?

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 00:19:45 -0500

I assume that Marlena was being ironic when she wrote:

> Please, we all know that our soldiers were just doing their jobs and not
> doing anything to disrespect anyone's religion.

But isn't it bizarre that we human beings will rage against the
"desecration" of a book but shrug off the humiliation and torture of human
beings.  No riots over Abu Graib or Guantanamo.  But tear a page from a
"holy book" of which there are a 100 million copies and everyone goes crazy.
There is no end to the comedy in human nature.  Ya gotta love us all.  How
funny to hear Condoleezza protest that we would never show disrespect for a
"holy book" -- just people.

Mike Geary
Memphis