[lit-ideas] Re: Gun Control

  • From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 18:25:08 -0400 (EDT)

I'm not sure, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the worst school shooting incident in history was in Germany, and they have very strict gun control laws.  All countries have school shootings.  I don't know if we have more or fewer.

Regarding the 28,000 square foot house, maybe he needs to get it out of his system.  Sometimes it takes someone rich to be generous and sometimes it doesn't.  Warren Buffet is still living in his colonial that he bought in the 50's, but he wouldn't give his wife a $15,000 kitchen renovation, won't give a dime to his kids.  FDR was as sympathetic with regular people as he was because of his polio.  Without it he would have been just another rich guy hording stuff under his mattress.  It gave him a heart and he turned against his class.  I wonder, if I made millions (and he did do it prosecuting corporations), would I build a 28,000 square foot house?  No.  I'd buy an island.  The guy has no taste at all.  On the other hand, islands have bugs on them, don't they?  On second thought, maybe I'd just hire someone to do my grocery shopping for me.