[lit-ideas] Re: God loves a good laugh as much as anyone!

  • From: Andy <mimi.erva@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 01:42:49 -0700 (PDT)

For 12,000 years humans have beat their heads against the same wall and nothing
has changed except the size of their calluses, otherwise known as shutting
down, and the size of their weapons.  Present an idea like give incipient
humans what they need, that maybe reproduction is more than a physical process
that anyone can do and anyone does, and they howl bloody murder.  The very fact
that you think that having children qualifies someone to know about raising
children is a testimonial to how absolutely, utterly, universally clueless and
ignorant people are.  So howl away, it's worked as well as it has for 12,000
some years.  Why stop now?

Just curious, Mike, if a candidate ran on the idea that people need to be
trained and licensed before having children, what do you think the reception to
that candidate would be?