[lit-ideas] Re: FW: RE: Re: Just read a novel

  • From: John Wager <john.wager1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 10:32:13 -0500

Andy Amago wrote:

I'm told off list that I'm too depressing. Sorry about that. .... Nobody (or so few as to be nobody) cares about the
irreversible damage that's being done to the planet, and on and on.

I'm actually quite optimistic about the damage that's being done to "the planet." I am quite sure that Mother Earth can take anything that mere humans can dish out. She will not be very disturbed by our temporary efforts; if we actually start to make an impact on the whole synergystic system, she will see to it that we just go away, leaving the rest of the system to recover and continue. I'm not worried about the planet, just the people on it.