[lit-ideas] Re: FW: RE: Re: Just read a novel

  • From: "Steve Chilson" <stevechilson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 06:14:44 +0100

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 18:20:39 -0400, "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
said:
> Well thank you very much.  What if I turned into a great big insect and
> began climbing on the walls?  Would you still invite me to dinner?

No, but maybe Kafka would.  Or at least write a book about you.  A
nonfiction book of course, otherwise certain people who are above such
trivialities wouldn't bother reading it because it isn't "real".

"On the other hand, Eve Black doesn't much care about baseball,
especially since they can't
> restrain themselves from flying into buildings in their spare time."

That's ok, I don't know who Eve Black is anyway so her apathy doesn't
strike me.

PS- Death of A President was rerun here last night so I watched about 15
minutes or so of it.  Fakumentary, it should be called.  No gory autopsy
close-ups.  I was well disappointed.  But I couldn't help wondering what
the reaction in liberal America would have been had someone like
Charlton Heston directed a similar film depicting the assassination of
Bill Clinton during Clinton's presidency.
--
  Steve Chilson
  stevechilson@xxxxxxxxxxx