[lit-ideas] Re: Don't Panic

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 23:27:39 -0500

John: Get real, Eric. We have plenty of evidence of what happens when boys with toys start talking about vaporizing terrorists. If, as they are, the terrorists are like Maoist guerrillas, concealed in a civilian population whose members are inclined to vendetta, every new example of "collateral damage" recruits new members to their cause.

Would have responded sooner, but John's original post is on my laptop. At first I thought it was too flip and silly to respond to, but I guess his filter is still on.

I suggest John review the thread he's pointing to when quoting "vaporizing terrorists." If he reads my remarks, he'll realize I was talking about active terrorists. If he realizes this, and continues with his position, then I suppose he would have opposed bombing Zarqawi.

When boys with word processors start talking about "police action" ... we have plenty of evidence (WTC '93, African Embassies, The USS Cole, 9/11) what happens then.