[lit-ideas] Re: Democrats

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 17:41:39 EST

<<Fissiparous means reproducing by fission, dividing into two equal  parts,
each of which is capable of independent growth, but I donât know what the
author means by the term.>>
The dictionary defines it as  "divisiveness".  It's kind of unusual at my age
to see a word for the first  time!
I've been baffled by the Democrats  since 9/11 -- at first they seemed like
sheep, blinded...and since then they've  made some attempt to rouse and speak
against what they believe is wrong; but  they do not, have not, put forward any
better notions, any agenda, they have not  in any way been proactive (I hate
that buzz-word-used-to-be, but it's the only  thing that suffices here).
There's a profound lack of a powerful leader in  the party.  It saddens me.
Julie Krueger

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: Democrats  Date:
2/25/06 3:53:32 P.M. Central Standard Time  From: _lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx)   To: _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

An interesting article,  Julie.  Fissiparous means reproducing by fission,
dividing into two equal  parts, each of which is capable of independent growth,
but I donât know what the  author means by the term.
I have heard others  describe the Democratic Party in similar terms to those
in the article.   Democrats know what they are against, i.e., anything that
Bush is for, but they  donât know what they are for, or they donât know in
any
terms that are going to  get their candidate elected.
Lawrence