[lit-ideas] Re: Deep Poverty at Record Levels, Where's That?

  • From: Lawrence Helm <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 23:19:21 -0800

Andreas:

You are exhibiting elements of paranoia: "Psychosis may involve <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delusion>delusional or <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoia>paranoid beliefs. <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_Jaspers>Karl Jaspers classified psychotic delusions into primary and secondary types. Primary delusions are defined as arising out of the blue and not being comprehensible in terms of normal mental processes, whereas secondary delusions may be understood as being influenced by the person's background or current situation (e.g., ethnic or sexual discrimination, religious beliefs, superstitious belief)."

A normal person might realize that it is the Leftist attacks against our nation that are objectionable and abnormal, and not the Conservatives who are interest in defending their nation and protecting its national interests. A normal person might be especially upset when he notices that these Leftists use the same arguments that enemies of his nation are using. But he will be puzzled, being normal, to note that this isn't just the Conservative's nation. It is the Leftist's nation as well. This is another element of psychosis. "Personality disorders are seen by the <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Psychiatric_Association>American Psychiatric Association as an enduring pattern of inner experience and behavior that deviates markedly from the expectations of the culture of the individual who exhibits it. These patterns are inflexible and pervasive across many situations. The onset of the pattern can be traced back at least to the beginning of adulthood. To be diagnosed as a personality disorder, a behavioral pattern must cause significant distress or impairment in personal, social, and/or occupational situations."

Andreas, you don't accept the normal definition of work. You don't support your nation against its enemies. You think you live in a poor nation when you live in the richest, most successful nation the world has ever known. You think people who defend your nation don't work for a living. You think people who produce weapon systems for the defense of your nation don't work for a living. You think people who oppose your antagonistic and self-destructive position relative to your nation ought to feel guilty for doing so. You think people who defend you are contemptible.

I don't include the rather benign and commonly shared ignorance of Welfare believers who think that a socialized economy will result in a long-term improvement. Ample evidence exists that social economies can't compete with free economies. These people should have learned from the Soviet example. There is plenty of evidence that some of the Western European economies are already suffering from promising more entitlements than they can afford. French leadership has attempted to get the people to cut back and receive only what the nation can afford, but such attempts were defeated at the polls. France raised a bunch of people to think their nation owed them a living and now they seem to be reneging. Welfarism is a false paradise that can't deliver what it promised, but all that is going to work itself out in time. I don't count that as one of your psychoses, Andreas.

Lawrence

At 10:09 PM 2/25/2007, you wrote:
But of course I live in a different world from you.

In my world, we work for a living. We make money.

We don't act like hypocrits who attack Leftists yet they live in a socialized economy and denounce the idea of using public money to improve the society.

That's why you hate Leftists so much. It's your guilty conscience.

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I believe that all the incomes are going up in the US.