[lit-ideas] Re: Decisions, decisions

  • From: Eric Yost <NYCEric@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 13:11:59 -0400

But when he went to the Matrix to meet the Agent, how did he get
there?

____

If I remember correctly, on one of the expeditions into the Matrix, he
separates himself from the others, and meets with his "handler," to
arrange the terms of the sellout.

It all seemed very defeatist to me. Corporate control is unassailable so
concentrate on flashy clothes and kung fu, locate the nexus of evil in
the "Smith" character rather than the (corporate) machine rule, and by
Matrix 3, reach an accommodation with power rather than supplant it.

I mean, why bother? If that's all they get for their troubles, they
might as well have remained in the Matrix and raised Matrix families,
argued about Matrix current events, and gone on yearly Matrix vacations.