[lit-ideas] Re: Decisions, decisions

  • From: Judy Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 17:32:33 +0100

Sunday, October 24, 2004, 3:05:04 AM, Robert Paul wrote:

RP> The Matrix may be of philosophical interest with respect to why one would
choose
RP> the red pill or the blue pill.

<gulp> why "philosophical" interest? why not "(social)-psychological"?
we could I suppose split the difference by saying "phenomenological",
but that would not convince me.

RP>  But Cypher's reasons for his choice aren't especially
RP> interesting, and Neo's are never clearly articulated,

That hasn't stopped other people speculating about equally unexplained
aspects of The Matrix.  I think Colin McGinn's gone mad ("gone"?).

RP>  although it
RP> might be a challenge to imagine what they might be.

Nope. Easy as falling off a log.

--
 Judy Evans, Cardiff, UK
mailto:judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx