[lit-ideas] Re: Brits do it better

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 23:43:09 -0400

>>Antifungal chemicals on the peach trees?  Why not organic?

They were neglected for years and are in advanced disease. Only some can be saved. When the worst is over I will switch to the best organic solution--baking soda and water spray.

>>It takes 1/3 of a pound of fertilizer to produce one pound of cooked beef.

Your recipes obviously differ from mine. I usually broil with some salt and pepper.

Could have shot Hilly the Bear, gutted him, skinned him and used a handsaw to cut portions for the freezer. Bear meat, as I recall, is not too bad. A little stringy and gamey of course, but better than being complicit in creating an underwater New Jersey. However, it's not bear season and I'd face an $800 fine and be haunted in my dreams. Tough call.