[lit-ideas] Re: Bob Dylan - A Poet?

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 09:26:52 -0400

In the details.  The big picture never changes.  It's like there's this
template where we plug in different variables such as clothes and
hairstyles and names and weapons and excuses, but the template never
changes.  Always X attacking Y.  Globally, nationally, locally, within a
family.  Granted, where once it was cool to throw people to the lions, now
the aggression is more stylized through sports, with an occasional fight or
riot thrown in.  But in exchange for that civility, we've got new and
improved methods for mass murder, so what's changed?  Studying history is
pointless fun.  Sort of like reading fiction based on fact or watching a
docudrama.  Nobody learns from it.

Andy Amago

Yahoo! Security Centre. http://uk.security.yahoo.com