[lit-ideas] Re: Better to have had faith

  • From: Eternitytime1@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 03:53:18 EDT

In a message dated 5/26/2005 5:53:31 PM Central Daylight Time,
graemeww@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
The  reason I want to defend religion is that not all the people who might
call  themselves religious are so cowardly, and they don't deserve to be
thought  so.

Hi,
This reminds me a bit of R Scott Peck's book Further Along the Road Less
Traveled (not the first one, the second...) and his description of the levels
of
belief...I don't have it with me, though. It was very helpful for me during
the  times when I was trying to sort out the differences between what I
believed,  what I had succumbed to believing, why there were such differences,
etc.
 I had forgotten it until now...Thanks.

In Houston (where on Saturday I visited a Messianic Jewish  congregation--did
you know that there is now a union of such--about 80 of them  have joined
together ... ),
Marlena (usually in Missouri)