[lit-ideas] Re: Bawer

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 11:15:32 -0800

No, that's not his argument.  His argument is that Fundamentalist Muslims
are moving to Europe while retaining a loyalty to the Ummah.  They are not
integrating but carving out Muslim enclaves and slowly gaining power.  The
situation isn't like the one in the U.S., where immigrants become integrated
into society.  Radical Muslims in Europe retain their alien status even if
they are born there.  Note the subtitle to his book, "How Radical Islam is
Destroying the West from Within."  He provides example after example but
Europe still sleeps.  That they are willing to pay the Muslims who are
destroying them is a sign they are sleeping.

Does Lit-Ideas sleep as well?

How strange that you would think the business about entitlements
inflammatory but not the business of Radical Islam destroying the West.

Lawrence

JE: But my question, based on Lawrence's to my mind inflammatory words,
remains,

JE >>is his argument that Muslims should not be

entitled to the benefits received by all other groups?