[lit-ideas] Re: Bawer

  • From: Eric <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 14:12:41 -0500

in that a) they were not all on the dole and b) they were not (openly)
preaching jihad.

So the founder of the group preaching "that ‘we will conquer the White House . . . we will be in charge and Muslims will control the earth" is not openly preaching jihad? Maybe I misunderstood. I said "all these foam-mouthed nutjobs" more or less generically, assuming that, as here, nutjobs are seldom singularities.

Doesn't this indicate that there should be some sort of oath of allegiance taken as conditional of citizenship? Maybe there is already? What's the story on that?