[lit-ideas] Re: Anarchism and Leftism

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 11:32:33 -0700

I am quite sure that I have spent more time discussing my ideas than you
have yours.  I can't think of a single area where I haven't discussed my
ideas; so you are speaking junk to avoid the subject.  My "methods" indeed.

Let is move to the meat: Where do you stand on Hizbollah and Israel.  As I
HAVE SAID my position is that I support a nation's right to defend itself
against an invading terrorist organization [AS YOU WELL KNOW].  Wasn't it
you that quibbled when I said that previously that only a dozen or so came
across that border and that didn't really comprise an invasion?  And wasn't
it you that argued that Israel over reacted just because Hizbollah killed
only 8 or so and kidnapped only two more?  Didn't you say that?  But as I
have said and as you well know, I support Israel's right to "eliminate
Hizbollah."  Is any of this coming back to you now?  Someone quibbled that
"eliminate" sounded like what the Nazis did to the Jews and I, responding to
that typical quibble, explaining that the elimination of a terrorist
organization was not the same as the elimination of individuals.

Everyone knows what I think about these matters.  But what do you think
Simon?  Do you support Hizbollah or Israel in this current war?  Or do you
take some "out" as Andreas does and assume an anarchic position: a pox on
all their houses?

Lawrence

  _____