[lit-ideas] Re: Amadinejad's Psychopathic God

  • From: Eric <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 14:58:42 -0500

Mike: history is rich with psychopaths leading major countries into mad wars.

You are ahistorical in assuming the USA would allow a nut at the helm. Remember Nixon losing it, talking to Lincoln's portrait, and being relieved of power, being phased out of decision-making, well before he resigned? Read about it. A liberal democracy doesn't work like the Weimar Republic or pre-Mao China, or the collapsing Tsarist Russia. The brutality of political process in such governments seems to have escaped your attention. You must want it to escape your attention. Add to that concerns about the security of our nuclear weapons arsenal ... your effort to construct a parallel to the Achmadineejad has no weight.

[Passing over comments about my "dehumanizing" a national enemy who has called for the death of America, UK, Israel countless times]

Mike: Some times I wonder: where do we part company? .... In my view Amadinejad and Bush are cut from the same cloth. I have no use for either. I urge the people of Earth not to feed the monsters. Simply ignore them and their self-important little apparatchiks. And just to be safe, ignore all politicians. They will die from lack of attention and we can go about the real things of life such as earning a living, seeking beauty, promoting justice, loving as much as we can and fucking whenever we can. Amen.

I called you on daddy issues in your Bush hatred ... precisely because I agree that we should not feed the monsters. Bush hatred is another monster.

We part company when you insist on the equivalence of USA and Iran or historical tyrannies. If we were lived in those places and times, we'd both be dead or in jail for expressing our opinions, your daughter and granddaughter would be stuffed under beekeeper suits or worse.

You wouldn't have the luxury of not feeding the monster. When the monster ordered it, you would have to show up at the monster's rally or be put on a watch list, imprisoned, or worse.