[lit-ideas] Re: Alternatives to one-upmanship

  • From: Omar Kusturica <omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 07:04:01 -0700 (PDT)

--- John McCreery <john.mccreery@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I do like Ansel Adams, but I also know  enough about
> photography to
> know that while we talk about black and white, the
> effects I admire
> depend on the carefully controlled  depth and
> clarity of the grays.
> Adams' photographs are not at all the crudely
> sketched line-art
> caricatures that is all our debaters here seem
> capable of.

*Well, John, it's a well-known fact in chess that the
kibitzers see everything best - until they actually
sit at the table. I don't remember actually expressing
any position, extreme or otherwise, in the recent
discussion, among other reasons because I wasn't sure
what the discussion was about. (Unless, like Phil, you
know what I think even though I am not saying it.)
Mostly I confined myself to teasing Eric and Phil. To
present this as evidence of the limits of my
intellectual capacities seems rather ungenerous - but
then perhaps that is what I should expect.

O.K.

http://mail.yahoo.com