[lit-ideas] Re: A Movie [longish]

  • From: Omar Kusturica <omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 18:05:58 -0700 (PDT)

Lawrence,

I've read your note, but I may not have given it the
attention you think it deserved. Here is a brief
reply:

1. If militant Islam is defined as those who seek to
kill the infidel merely for being an infidel, neither
the Hamas nor the Hezbollah fall into this category.

2. I know that you "discussed" the numbers in the
previous note. Are we any closer now to knowing the
exact number ?

3. I did. The only practical recommendation you gave
was to bomb Iran's nuclear facilities. I don't wish to
go into discussing the supposed merits of that again
but certainly this, even if implemented, wouldn't
amount to 'eliminating militant Islam.' (Unless you
envisage an escalation into a full-scale nuclear war.)

4. You obviously haven't given any thought to that.

I also don't "feel a particular urge to discuss this
with you," so that I will confine myself to these
remarks.

O.K.

http://mail.yahoo.com