[Linux-Anyway] Update: Re: Great -- Now "No screens found" with X

  • From: Meph Istopheles <meph@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 12:16:56 -0700 (PDT)

> >   Unless you've some other ideas, I think I'll go to bed &
> > swap the cards tomorrow

> One idea would be simply to run "xf86config" and let *it*
> generate the config file. However, I suggest you do that
> *after* you've had some sleep :)

  Wellllllllllllll.  Now relatively awake, I've done this.  It's
much better, but thought my res is reported as 1280x768, it looks
more like 1024x768.  The dri mode appears to be OK too.  But my
desktops are wacked.

  When I open, I've a term window on desktop 1 where I open
pine, then I normally open moz in desktop 4.  I go to 4, open moz
& suddenly moz in on 1 & pine is on 4.  But that's not the end:
I wind up with other terms on different desktops at some point.
It gets a little confusing.

  Guess I'll have to swap the cards anyway.

--
  If someone had told me I would be Pope one day, I would have
  studied harder.