[Linux-Anyway] Re: Great -- Now "No screens found" with X

  • From: Meph Istopheles <meph@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 03:28:12 -0700 (PDT)

> >   Unless you've some other ideas, I think I'll go to bed &
> > swap the cards tomorrow

> One idea would be simply to run "xf86config" and let *it*
> generate the config file. However, I suggest you do that
> *after* you've had some sleep :)

  Heh.  I've run both xf86config, as well as xfree86setup.  Each
does things a little differently, but I'll try xf86config one
more time tomorrow -- this time setting Diamond Viper instead of
ATI.

  If that still won't do it, I'll swap the cards.  Oh, well.

  Night.

--
  In Dr Johnson's famous dictionary patriotism is defined as the
  last resort of the scoundrel.  With all due respect to an