[Linux-Anyway] Re: Slack -- very promising

  • From: "Meph Istopheles" <Meph@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2003 15:03:48 -0800

> >   Tomorrow, I plan to install the second hard drive
> > & install gentoo on it.

> Heh, this could start a war on the list, with fans of
> each.  :)

> Gentoo, once it's built, is easier to keep updated. Slack
> is more stable.  Gentoo seems (no benchmarks, totally
> subjective) faster.  :)

  Although I've not configured anything important (other than
what's done at install & installed my previous pinerc), slack's
cool enough.

  I do wonder, though.  I've set gnome up, but when I'd moved the
menu panel to the right side of the screen where I like it (&
will set autohide), the damn thing's massive.  I can't find the
settings for sizing it as were available in pre 2.x versions of
gnome.  Anyone know where that is?

  Oh, this is important -- & I can find the info in one of my
manuals -- but I'll go ahead & ask:  How do I set my mail to not
spool to /var/spool/mail but deliver to /home/meph/mail again?
Is that postfix or procmail?

  Wanna do this so that I can have the mail in my home regardless
of which distro I boot.

--
  "I did this 'cause Linux gives me a woody."
  -Dave '-ddt->' Taylor, announcing DOOM for Linux