[Linux-Anyway] Re: On /home/user/mail

  • From: Meph Istopheles <meph@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2018 22:43:29 -0700 (PDT)

  Mac,

> >   What else could I have missed?

> In my /etc/postfix/main.cf, I have two sections where it
> mentions the mailbox:

> # DELIVERY TO MAILBOX
> #

> # The home_mailbox parameter specifies the optional pathname of
> # a mailbox file relative to a user's home directory. The
> # default

> # mailbox file is /var/spool/mail/user or /var/mail/user.
> # Specify "Maildir/" for qmail-style delivery (the / is
> # required).
> #
> #home_mailbox = Mailbox
> #home_mailbox = Maildir/

> # The mail_spool_directory parameter specifies the directory
> # where UNIX-style mailboxes are kept. The default setting
> # depends on the # system type.
> #
> #
> #mail_spool_directory = /var/mail
> #mail_spool_directory = /var/spool/mail

> instead of changing the mail_spool_directory, I would try
> commenting it out, and *un*commenting the home_mailbox =
> Maildir/, then perhaps as Godwin originally suggested, Postfix
> will take the hint from .procmailrc.

  Yeah.  I'd tried commenting out mail_spool_directory =
/var/spool/mail & adding below it /home/meph/mail, but that isn't
doing it.  I'll take that out & uncomment home_mailbox = Maildir/
-- replacing Maildir/ with /home/meph/mail.

  I'll let you know.

> One thing, make sure the perms on .procmailrc are proper, should be:

  I'll check that when I edit it.

> If it's any help, there's a pretty thorough
> Postfix/Procmail/Spamassassin howto here:

> http://www.jennings.homelinux.net/mailserver_config.html

  I remember when I'd used it before (forced to because
sendmail's impossible to close up) that I'd found tons of data
in the included docs too.

--
  The bogosity meter just pegged.